Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Orientation (Day 2)

Day 2 complete now. I taught 2 full lessons by myself, one of which was one of the weakest level of class, which was a bit rough, but good practice. My schedule got shifted a bit so that instead of having Thursday off this week I'll be doing training for teaching kids classes (should be interesting). Things are going smoother, and hopefully the lessons will become more automatic the more practice I get.
On my way home I stopped in at a 100 yen shop (i.e. dollar store) to buy some pens. It was full of bright signage and really loud, repetitive music, but the store itself is sweet. Besides just the usual stuff I'd expect in a dollar store, it had tons of instant ramen and other foodstuff all for 100 yen, so I might stock up on some cheap instant food there for snacks at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Sounds like things are going fairly smoothly....It will get easier as you get a couple of weeks under your belt. Will you have the same students all day when you start or will you switch from one group to another? Do you teach alone or with a partner?
Sounds like you found an "emergency" food supply but don't forget to eat well....You're going to find that teaching can be a pretty high energy activity.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear classes are going well. What are your plans for your day off? Sent you a couple of e-mails.