Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hello!

Just thought I'd write a brief introduction to get something written on here. I'm kind of assuming that anybody here understands the purpose of the blog, but I'll give the basic details anyway!

In 2 weeks I depart for a year (at least) to teach in Japan, as so many other young graduates have done before me. As of yet, I still don't know where in Japan I'm working, I don't speak any Japanese and I don't know anybody there. To make things potentially worse, I was reading through reviews of employees that had worked for the same company before, and they're mostly all negative, and some are just downright scary.

All that aside though, it's Japan - the country where the past and the future intersect. I'm sure I'll face my fair share of adversity, but you'll find that just about anywhere, and when it's all said in done, hopefully I'll have a blast and come out a better person for it all.

Sayonara,
Rich.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Best of luck overseas Richard!

don said...

I'm proud of you Richard and yes you will come back a stronger person...We love you and will always be here for you. Have that Blast and live every moment to the fullest.
Dad and Barb

Emily said...

Hey have fun in Japan!!! . . .it has to be tonnes better then working with Dee!!!