Thursday, October 25, 2007

Weekend Summary

Debating whether to go to work tomorrow or just keep hunting for jobs. Some places I've applied have told me outright "we're being flooded by Nova employees, so we're not even looking at applications by anybody currently working for Nova". Hopefully that some of the smaller/more out of the way places aren't so overwhelmed.
My art project is going to take a big longer than I had thought. Yesterday I got a late start, and today it rained for most of the day. I'll keep working on it when I have time though, and hopefully it will be completed soon! Instead I just uploaded a few random pictures taken from my wanderings over the last couple days.

A bunch of vending machines. There are 5 more to the right that I couldn't fit in the photo. So far, the biggest group of machines I've come across.



This is looking down Rijo dori. If you look closely a few blocks ahead you can see a bunch of people walking across the street - that is where Hondori intersects Rijo dori.
A bit of a mouthful. Miyuki bashi-nishizume dori Avenue.

4 comments:

--Todd said...

That street picture is really interesting. I would love to see more shots from the city streets maybe a good series that lets me see a full 360 on a street corner. Its those subtle difference from western cities that I find so facinating.

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard,
I hope you're saving your pics in fairly high resoloution...You've got some really good shots.
How many employees does NOVA have in Hiroshima?... elsewhere in Japan?
You might get lucky and find some private contract work with a small firm but you might not have the resources and materials you will need....Still hope Plan A works out somehow.

iphynx said...

Nova has about 4000 employees in Japan, and something probably around 40-50 in Hiroshima.

Anonymous said...

Not a good time to be new kid on the block...but they might be big enough to wheel and deal through all of this ....if they have any integrity ratings left with their clients.
After tomorrow we'll be in Pennsylvania for a couple of days.
I'm not taking the laptop so will be out of touch til Sunday. Monday for you!)