Friday, October 26, 2007

Plans

Well, I've learned now that beginning in November I either need to start paying rent here, which I can't afford without using my credit card, or leave the apartment. Nova is shut down for restructuring for at least the next 10 days, and after that it's still awfully iffy. So, assuming I haven't found a job by the end of the month, I see myself with 2 main options. First, I could just buy a plane ticket, and head home, probably losing about $4000 on this venture. Other choice is that I can spend a couple weeks running about Japan and actually see the country, and head home, probably losing $5000. For the extra $1000, I'm thinking it's probably worth seeing the country and getting a bit more mileage out of this experience. I'll start deciding things and hopefully have a plan one way or the other by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
For the extra $1000, I think it's worth getting all you can out of this venture while you're there. Maybe you can team up with someone else in your situation and travel together. I'm reading "Hitching Rides With Buddha," and can sure identify with your circumstances...although Ferguson did it voluntarily and missed Hiroshima altogether.
I'm taking my laptop on the weekend so may be in touch before we get back.
If all goes well yo should be home before the Christmas rush...Not quite what you had planned but maybe everything will turn out for the best.
Dad.