Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Plan

Due to issues with money and random loose ends, it has taken a bit longer to get going than I had hoped. My ticket is paid for now, and I have a loose plan as to how I'm going to spend the time until I go home. I need to wait until November 3 to get my ticket and get underway. Here is my rough itinerary:
November 3:
Train from Hiroshima to Himeji
November 4:
Check out Himeji Castle, which is likely the most famous castle in Japan
Take train from Himeji to Nara
November 5,6:
Hang out in Nara, visit temples/gardens, etc.
November 7:
Train from Nara to Kyoto
November 7,8,9:
Spend time in Kyoto. Lots of temples, shrines, gardens and other historical things. Still haven't really decided exactly which ones, but I'll whittle down the list I have now before I get there.
November 10:
Shinkansen (bullet train) from Kyoto to Tokyo - pricey, but taking regular train that far requires like 14 transfers and around 9 hours, while the Shinkansen is 1 train the entire way, and under 3 hours.
November 11,12,13: In Tokyo. Sightseeing, hanging out, spending the remainder of my fictional money. Maybe a day trip to Nikko if I have time.
November 14: Fly out of Narita Airport in Tokyo at 5:55pm, transfer planes in Chicago, and hopefully landing back in Toronto at 6:26pm. (Yay! 31 minute flight across the world, silly time zones.) I'll try to get in touch with people shortly about giving me a ride somewhere from the airport.

I'm going to have somebody in Hiroshima use the parcel delivery service to send all my luggage to the airport in Tokyo. Hopefully that goes smoothly, as it will suck to get there and not know where my luggage is. If anybody has any requests for anything, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been doing alot of planning which is good...It's unfortunate that details always get in the way though but you're getting through alot of them.
I hope you can travel with your computer ..it's good to know your whereabouts and how you're doing.
Be sure to take lots of pictures, which I'm sure you will...
Have a good two weeks and be safe.
Dad